Labels: ,

Hansal Mehta Replaces Karan Johar in Dev Anand’s Film


Dev Anand’s Charge sheet is now being shot at the outskirts of Mumbai.

And one filmmaker-turned-actor who happily trotted off for the shooting on Monday was Hansal Mehta who plays a filmmaker in Charge sheet.

Hansal could barely contain his excitement as he packed his bags in Pune to leave for his maiden movie.

“I haven’t even asked Dev Saab what my role is. But I believe I play a filmmaker. That’s double excitement for me. I get to play myself. I’ve simcerely followed Dev Saab’s instructions. He’s inspiring. I had a blast. I got what I wanted. I always wanted to work with Navketan and Dev Saab.”

Tell Hansal that the role was offered to Karan Johar first and he turned down the role (without even informing the indefatigable Dev Saab that he wasn’t interested), and spirits refuse to be dampened. “Who in the world says no to Dev Saab? I’d like to believe I was the first and last choice for the role.”

It was just two days’ work for Hansal. But he packed enough clothes and accessories for the entire schedule.

“You never know. Dev Saab might love my performance and increase my role. But seriously I hope I get enough scope in Charge sheet to display my exceptional acting skills,” said the twinkle-eyed Hansal who has directed film like Chhal, Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar and Woodstock Villa.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin