Labels: ,

Kranti Redkar to play first wife of Ratan Singh in Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur


The new historic show on Sony, Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur is all set for a high point. Not many people knew that Raja Ratan Singh had two wives, Padmini and Nagmati. Kranti Redkar will be playing his first wife.



“I essay the character of Nagmati who is the first wife of Ratan Singh. She is a strong headed person and very ambitious,” states Kranti.

Elaborating more on her role, the actress quips, “My role will see some grey shades. She is negative but it has been presented in a different way. I being a queen have some kind of sophistication like the way I dress, walks, and talks and behave. So it’s quite different from what I have played in the past.” Kranti was last seen in Simply Sapne playing a negative role.

How will be your rapport with Padmini in the show? “Of course there will be confrontation with Padmini as she is very beautiful and second wife of my husband. I am a woman who doesn’t like her husband to be shared. The reason is that I am very possessive about him,” she adds further.

Kranti Redkar has been a theatre and Marathi movie actress. “I have done some 14 movies in three years and Jatra was my first film. I had been doing theatres along side. Now I am trying my luck in main stream Hindi television too. I hope audience do like me and appreciate me,” she concludes.

Let’s see if Kranti is able to bring a new kranti on small screen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin