Labels: ,

Vir Das bags Yash Raj’s next


Vir Das is better know for his stand up comedy act now seems to be getting more and more serious about his acting career. After being part of Delhi Belly where he plays one of the lead roles in the film he has now been signed to play again a lead role in Yash Raj Films next to be directed by Parmeet Sethi and starring Shahid Kapoor and Anushka Sharma.



The versatile actors tells us, “I guess my potential as an actor is being noticed and appreciated now. I try to showcase by different talents to the audience whether its stand up comedy, or acting, or music, or just writing. This is just the beginning for me. I am new in this industry and I am learning from everyone. Quite honestly, I dont think about it too much, I try to have a blast. If its not a good time, I wont do it. 2009 seems to be a very busy year for me, but I am just getting started.”

Vir started his acting career in 2007 with Vikram Bhatts Mumbai Salsa in the lead. This was just the beginning of his career. Apart from films he was also seen excelling in comedy shows. His Walking on Broken Das was a sold out in Mumbai for 5 weeks and is the first Indian stand up comedy show to tour the world. Over the next year, vir will travel to over 30 countries. His comic timing is something that comes very naturally and effortlessly to him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin