I am much more romantic then Riddhima in real life: Sukriti Khandpal


Star One’s medical drama DILL MILL GAYE, seems to have an annual problem where the lead girl walks out. Last year Shilpa Anand quit to be replaced by Sukriti Khandpal. Now a year later even Sukriti wants out, claiming the need to move on.

However the buzz is that she felt that the show was past its prime and that her character also was not getting its due. When asked about the same Sukriti said, “while I agree that Riddhima was not getting much to do, as far as if the show is not rocking enough, I will leave that judgement to the audiences.” She also defended herself against allegations that her chemistry with Karan Singh Grower was not as strong as with Shilpa. “I come with a different set of values and hence cannot do physical romantic scenes as Shilpa could and may be that is why certain sections of the audience were unhappy. Having said that I have got lots of name and fame due to DMG.”

She also agreed that repeated changes of lead will leave the viewer confused. “But I am happy for now the shoe is on the other foot, this time, the new girl will have to field questions of fitting in like I had to last year.”

As for the future, she would not mind doing another daily show, “I love to work non stop with one team. Besides TV, I am in talks for films, as well. Let’s see what happens.” she says.

In closing, Sukriti says, “I want the public to know that Sukriti and Riddhima are poles apart. While my DMG character wears suits, I will never be seen in them and more importantly I am much more romantic than she can ever be.” So does that means you have a guy?” Yes I do but I would like to keep my personal life out of media please”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin