Onir has big plans

Acclaimed filmmaker Onir, post Sorry Bhai is planning to launch a series of five films. First one, titled Abhimanyu will have the backdrop of a survivor of child sexual abuse. His second will be Omar based on gigolos. It will showcase about how such men are harassed and given step motherly treatment. A common thread between society, family, his third film will be titled Afia.

Onir has already written the script for three stories and is in the process of finalising the other two. Onir states, “I am planning Abhimanyu in June, Omar in July and Afia to go on floors in August. The fourth film is Megha which I am busy scripting right now. The fifth projects shall be worked on soon.”

“All the five stories will be based on real life tales. Each of my short stories would be content-oriented rather than being gimmicky or trying to be overtly issue-based. I can promise though that all these subjects are the kinds that have never been touched in Hindi films,” Onir says.

In regards to the casting of his film, Onir says he would begin casting for the film in a week from now and start shooting in June and will be directing all the five stories himself. He adds, “My idea is to make available each film for educational / awareness purposes and at the same time be put together and released as a single film. At the end of the day, it is important for the normal cinema going audience to see this film. You never know, tomorrow Abhimanyu could be your own child.”

But what is unique about the project is that Onir plans to raise money for the films from the audience. “The film will be partly financed by our banner Anticlock films and partly by the audience. The audience will be the co-workers of the film. Even when I produced my brother Niklhil, Sanjay Suri and I raised money through friends. We all put the money together from different parts of the world, and made the film possible. I have already put across the idea on my blog as well as face book and websites. There are many people who have come forward to contribute. Some are ready to do the promotions for me. They are marketing heads. A singer came with his own songs and said that I could use them. My films are alredy TMG nominated scripts. I will have 5 different music directors, amongst them Amit and Pritam have already been finalized the others are in the process of being finalized.” he adds before signing off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin